Want to donate blood How do I prepare?
Blood or blood is important in treating patients. Because at present no one has invented anything that can be used in place of blood. Therefore, blood donations must still be accepted. To be used to treat and save patients’ lives. By donating blood It is the giving up of excess blood from the body. that are not required for the patient
When blood is donated Bone marrow is an important part in creating blood cells to replace. Resulting in the same amount of blood in the body as before. If you don’t donate The body will excrete blood cells that have decayed because they have expired. By donating 1 bag of blood, up to 3 lives can be saved. But before donating blood How do we prepare? and after donation What must I do next? Let’s go see to ufabet https://ufabet999.com
Before donating blood
- Get enough sleep. at their own normal sleeping time The night before the day you come to donate blood.
- Perfect health in all respects Don’t have the flu or while taking any antibiotics, such as anti-inflammatories, the medicine must be stopped for at least 7 days.
- Eat a regular meal before donating blood. You should avoid eating foods that are high in fat within 6 hours, such as chicken rice and pork leg rice, because they will make the plasma turn cloudy white. cannot be used to treat patients
- Drinking water 30 minutes before donating blood is about 3-4 glasses, which is equal to the amount of blood lost in donating. It will make the blood flow better. And can help reduce fainting from blood donation.
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages. At least 24 hours before donating blood.
- Stop smoking 1 hour before and after donating blood to allow the lungs to purify blood well.
while donating blood
- Wear clothing with sleeves that are not too tight. Can be pulled up to at least 3 inches above the elbow.
- Choose the arm with a large, clear vein. The skin in the area to be pierced does not have a rash or bruising. If you are allergic to disinfectant such as alcohol, please inform the staff in advance.
- You should not chew gum. Or suck on candy while donating blood.
- While donating, squeeze the rubber ball regularly. In order for the blood to flow easily, if there are abnormal symptoms such as heart palpitations, dizziness, fainting-like symptoms, numbness, or unusual pain. You must notify the officials immediately.
- After donating blood, rest on the bed for 5-10 minutes before getting out of bed. May cause dizziness and fainting. Lie down for a few minutes until you feel comfortable. So he got up and went to drink water. and eat the snacks provided for you
After donating blood
- Take a break to eat snacks and drinks provided by the staff. And sit and rest for at least 15 minutes. Drink more water than usual for 1 day.
- You shouldn’t rush back. You should sit and rest until you are sure that it is normal. If you feel dizzy and feel like you might faint. or feel abnormal Please notify the officials immediately.
- Avoid going up and down elevators and escalators as this may cause you to feel dizzy and faint.
- If there is blood seeping out of the wound dressing Use the fingers of the other hand to press down on the gauze. Press firmly and keep your arm elevated for 3-5 minutes. If the bleeding doesn’t stop, return to the blood donation location to see a doctor or nurse.
- Avoid doing saunas. Or exercise that requires you to sweat a lot. Do not use the arm where the donation was made, such as lifting heavy objects, for 24 hours after donating blood.
- You should rest and avoid doing activities continuously for long periods of time, such as shopping. Being in a crowded area or in hot weather, etc.
- Blood donors who work and climb high places or working with machinery should take a break for 1 day.
- after donating blood Eat normally. There is no need to eat more food to compensate for donated blood.
- Take 1 iron tablet per day until completely used up to compensate for the iron lost from blood donation. and prevent iron deficiency To be able to donate blood regularly
- Eating iron nourishes the blood. Along with drinks that are high in vitamin C, such as orange juice, guava juice, or tomato juice. It will make the body absorb iron well. except green tea Because it will prevent the absorption of iron.