So..are you surprised…two posts with just a few days in between… 😉 … I am!

Have been sick all week in a cold that my dear son gave to me…but hope it will pass soon…so to amuse myself I have been going nuts on Instagram and it’s hopeless feed with posting new and old post at no chronological order… with that I just realised..I need to blog more… so here I am.

May (and April too) … ahh …those gorgeous months we had with wonderful summer temps and the melting snow … and to prove that..this is a picture of that much loved son …sunbathing in the middle of April…see no leaves on the trees 😊 and still snow on the rooftops…

The quilting was slow and with that said…I finished my quilt Happy Trees …the very very last days of April… so…I had to add a April label to my quilt. Ha…how stupid of me to think I was going to be finished in March… really silly.

You who read part one…knew we went to Arjeplog to catch the last snow to photograph the quilt…and of course a visit…

Happy dogs..especially Molly I think..here she could run free…Elsa and Maya were not that happy being run over by monster Molly… phew

It was a lovely day with my so much loved sun…and Petra took lots of great photos of my quilt.

I freehand quilted the arcs on this quilt…and I think it turned out much more beautiful than I had imagined… I wanted it to look like snow piles..and I think it does!

Did not put a binding on this one…I kind of have fallen in love with the airy look the face technique gives…I highly recommend to try it… there are several tutorials to search for on the internet.

My happy face of having a happy quilt finished…and one that I made from my own ideas from start to finish… have had lots of wishes to make this one as a pattern…maybe I will…but it will be a booklet…huh…since there are not one block alike and a gazillion of other pieces…maybe I’m crazy enough to give it a try.

Last snow and standing by the lake next to mum and dads place with one of the many mountains in the background that my brother happily climbs up and down with his family in the challenge Top of Arjeplog.

See you soon… it’s kind of a promise…😉

18 people like this post.

13 Thoughts on “Continuing my May recap …part two…Happy Trees

1. Shirley Sherratt on 30 June, 2018 at 10:51 said:

Gorgeous post and I LOVE this happy quilt. I definitely want the pattern to make my own version. Till then I shall dream of yours. 💗

2. Patricia East. ( friend of Shirley's !) on 30 June, 2018 at 12:36 said:

Oh Stina, the photographs are so beautiful, and the quilt just lovely. Please make a pattern of it. I didn’t realise what a beautiful country yours is , with the mountains, snow and trees.🏔 xx

3. Hey Stina! Your Happy Trees quilt is GORGEOUS & the arc quilting lines look fantastic! Well done! Clever you to make it up from scratch. It doesn’t snow here but we’ve had some very low temperatures & horrible strong winds so that I want to go into hibernation like one of my bears. :0) Glad you’re enjoying some warm summer weather. Lovely to see you back blogging. :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

4. Cheryl on 30 June, 2018 at 16:08 said:

I wish I had what it takes to improv like this. Darling quilt “pattern!”

5. Sue Schultz on 30 June, 2018 at 16:09 said:

Your happy trees quilt is beautiful and the arc quilting is the perfect finish!!

6. Robby H. on 30 June, 2018 at 17:33 said:

This quilt is like a fantasy forest. The quilting is perfect, hills for your forest, and beautifully executed, too.

7. Lovely!! Wonderful work on the freehand arcs. Your blog always makes me happy!

8. Lee Berchak on 30 June, 2018 at 22:24 said:

I love this quilt!

9. aquilterstable on 1 July, 2018 at 02:56 said:

love your tree quilt and what lovely quilting!

10. I love your Happy Trees quilt! The quilting is perfect as it the colour palette you chose!

11. SuzK on 2 July, 2018 at 15:44 said:

I love how you use color!

12. It’s beautiful!…your color choices are perfect and the hand quilting really finishes it off perfectly. I love all the texture! <3

13. Barb on 10 August, 2018 at 02:03 said:

I LOVE this quilt! I love scrap quilts and the colors you use are perfect! Your blog is my new favorite because I love your fabric and color choices. We are planning a trip to Sweden next summer and I can’t wait!

Hej...love to hear from you... :)

Post Navigation